Wednesday 13 June 2012

Father’s Day

Father’s Day



My father passed away six years ago, I still clearly remember the days we spent together. Among all the siblings, I must admit that I am his favorite kid.
He taught me the importance of money.  He believed to earn money as young as possible. After my year six graduation and I was employed with bank and my salary then was RM500.00 per month. It was a decent amount during that time for a fresh graduate like me.
My father was working in the insurance industry. At time, he did not encourage me to further my studies and rather wanted me to work and earn money.  That is not what I want and went ahead to further my higher education at UKM, which I obtained my B.A (Bachelor of Arts). Later, I continued my studies overseas in University of Wales Aberystwyth and there was where I obtained my Bachelor of Laws (LLB with Honours). Further, I was the Barrister-At-Law in Lincoln Inn in 90s. I started my own law firm since 1992 until now.
I strongly believe that education and knowledge are very important for a person’s success in life. We live in a changing world with new challenges, and in order to able to meet up with this challenges, education is a must, although it seems mundane. Life without education will not be able to achieve better financial capabilities in this real world.
Now, I am a father of 3 children. I give my upmost best not only to provide the basic necessities, and to strive my best to provide them the best education. Another important element in bringing up children is to teach them self- discipline. For instance, I can allow my children to play computer games and access to Facebook only during school holidays.  As we are aware of today’s children, teenagers or even adults are addicted to sophisticated computer games and online social network which resulted they withdraw from other activities such as sports as well as losing concentration.
No matter how busy we are, needless to say juggling ourselves making a living, as the parents, we need to dedicate some quality time with the children, interacting with them and share with them every moment we can towards a caring and happy family.
Lastly, I wish every father a very Happy Father’s Day and blessed with good health and happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment